RSS

Waiting for the Fireworks

2011.

I started a lot of "firsts" in 2011. I started to be a Mami (not a real biological thingie but it went almost the same) to a wonderful kid called Avi. From him I learnt that I should be more responsible especially when being relied on to.

I also learnt that sometimes, we should be more patient with how things are. So I started to be more forgiving to people I despise and managed to learn that sometimes silence speaks louder than the loudest a loud speaker. Which is like, a really difficult thing considering I am born with so much ego and stubbornness in me.

I started to wear glasses this year which help me to see a lot of things I have missed before. I started to notice the ground I am standing as the people around me slowly march towards the gate of the other life. I started to realize that the time has come for me to leave Neverland.

But the best part of 2011 is I started to like myself better. I started to be more comfortable in myself. Believing that I am too can be a beautiful swan of this lake. Something in which I once only said but not believed with all my heart.

So at the very least, I am grateful of what I had this year (despite of the minuses and losses). And hopefully, I would have more "firsts" in 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment